The title is a mouthful, I know. Well let's see. I left off of our adventures with us going to Heidelberg on Friday.
Saturday we took a trip the a town very close to us; Kaiserslautern! We went with a few people from the church. They had a pumpkin festival there with the theme of Noah's Ark! It was pretty neat, and practically NO ONE else was there because of the local futbol game in town!
 |
| Jesse has the elephant by the tail! |
 |
| We found Noah's Ark |
 |
| Look! It's Noah and Mrs. Noah! |
 |
| I love fall!!! |
 |
| Girls' picture with Amanda and Jessica |
 |
I love the colors!!!
|
After the pumpkin festival, we headed down the road to the Japanese Gardens. I took TONS of pictures here!!! To see them all, go to facebook :) But here are a few.
It was so beautiful here with all of the fall colors! I'll have to go back in the spring to see the difference.
Sunday, we had a potluck after afternoon services. Jessica and I made cupcakes, apple squash (squash baked with apples on them), and pigs in the blanket (known around our house as piggies). Here are my cupcakes!
They are autumn cupcakes! I was happy with the way they turned out :) I LOVE fall leaves!
Monday we went to Trier. Jesse and I have been there before, but we really like it! We had a good time!
 |
| Me and Jess at the lookout over Trier |
 |
| Trier |
 |
| More pretty leaves! |
 |
| Cute! |
Tuesday we went over to Strasbourg, France. It was cold and rainy. And apparently all of the museums and national monuments close on Tuesday in France. We were going to take a boat tour, but they were on strike. Still, we liked the city, and enjoyed ourselves!
 |
| Neat fountain we passed on our way in |
 |
| The church was so big, I couldn't get it all in one picture... |
 |
| Fountain with pink lights! |
 |
| Love the architecture |
 |
| We climbed 332 steps to get to the top of the church for this view. |
 |
| Love all the green! |
 |
| View from the river |
Well that's all for now. We leave in the morning (Thursday) to go to Salzburg, Austria! Friday we're doing the Sound of Music/Salt Mines tour! I'm so excited! It's on my birthday!!! Then Saturday, we're driving over to Udine, Italy where Jesse will preach on Sunday. Venice on Monday, then back home on Tuesday! Lots of times (and LOTS of pictures) coming up!!!
1 comment:
The apple squash sounds delicious. I don't think I've ever heard of that.
More trips... you might know enough soon to go into the tour-guide business :-)
Post a Comment